What a Relay!

The plan: Fri, June11@4:00-Sat, Jun12@12:00.

The reality: Fighting against cancer...good. Hanging out with friends...good. Staying out all night and raising the roof...good. Rain, rain, and more rain...not good!! When we began to set up for the relay it had already rained a couple hours. As we were finishing erecting the shade awning it began to rain again. Good timing! It rained for a while and then stopped....rained then stopped...then rained for a looonnnggg time! To add to our discomfort it was windy and cold. Now, I had just recovered from bronchitis and pneumonia just a few days before. I felt good, though! No coughing, no tightness or chest pain. I felt good for several days. Little did I know the cold air would set me back. I began to cough and not feel well. Long story short, I had to go home and was not able to stay over night. Then when I woke up and dressed to go back in the morning, I found out that my sister had gone to the ER because she hurt her knee! So, to the ER I went to check on my little sister. She was okay so I headed to the relay. We finished walking and packed things up. It was still cold and windy, but thank goodness no rain! The very good part of this story is...our Utah county relay raised over $26,000 for the American Cancer Society! And we are still raising funds for another month and a half. Cross your fingers for $30,000!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments